To be the prime mover in strenghtening respect, understanding and practice of human rights as the essential corner stone of peace, unity and nation-building.
- To instill awareness of universal human rights values and principles among the various sectors of society.
- To promote the universality, indivisibility and inter-dependence of all human rights.
- To monitor the observance of human rights and to prevent and investigate their violation.
- To advocate for a human rights approach to legislative, administrative and judicial policies, programs and measures.
- To establish and strengthen cooperation with a wide range of organizations and groups.